Very Healthy and Great Combination of Flavors
When I saw the photo of this all-in-one meal in the March 2011 issue of Men’s Health magazine, I had to try it. It’s simple and quick (about 35 minutes). Besides the curried shrimp dish, I also made healthy oven-fried zucchini sticks from a recipe on the American Council on Exercise website. We opened a bottle of Gewurtstraminer wine (Pinot Grigio or a light Chardonnay would have been good choices, too). I tweaked this recipe slightly.
Ingredients (serves four)
- 3/4 lb. Raw Shrimp (25 ct. size) peeled & deveined
- Trimmed grean beans (about 30)
- Cauliflower florets (about 30)
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper
- Sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a large bowl, toss together grean beans, cauliflower, 2 tbls olive oil, salt and pepper (seasoned to taste). Spread out vegetables on a baking sheet and roast on middle rack for 20 minutes.
- While vegetables are baking, place shrimp in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and a few dashes of curry powder. I also added a few dashes of Old Bay seasoning for some extra “kick”.
- After 20 minutes, add the shrimp by spreading them out among the green beans and cauliflower on the baking sheet. Roast for about 5-7 minutes until the shrimp are pink and the cauliflower is browned.
- Served sprinkled with the sliced almonds (optional).